Carb fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb fuel issue

I was having issues with my carbs leaking from the bowls due to the float needles and seats. I did a complete year down with all new o-rings and soaking. Got them put back together and the leak is gone. I cracked open the drains to make sure fuel was actually flowing. 2 of the carbs aren't getting fuel (either 1/3 or 2/4, can't remember)

Is this a float needle/seat issue? Or could I have assembled the carbs wrong?

Did you prime them? I'm fairly useless but any setting but prime requires vacuum from motor afaik

Comment

Yea I had to put it on prime. I still gotta change the orings on the boots so I've been just plugging in the fuel line off the bike. Steve pm'd me and said to try smacking the side of the carbs with a sledgehammer to see if that helps.

Just kidding about the sledgehammer, I'm gonna try tapping on them in the morning lol

Comment

It's an "L". go ahead and use the sledgehammer.

(Sorry, just had to beat tkent to it. )

Don't worry, we have three "GL"s in the family, we don't use hammers on them, either.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Updating for future people with this issue. Giving it a tap worked Steve. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

By the way, where to get fuel needles? I need a new set for my mikuni Vm29, it seems out of stock, with a crazy inflation... Anybody has a decent purchase link? Else, can I trust an aftermarket fuel valve kit?
            thanks for the awesomeness
            Last edited by Guest; 06-06-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                It's an "L". go ahead and use the sledgehammer.

(Sorry, just had to beat tkent to it. )
                Heh heh heh nice.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Crage View Post
                  "Item KL18-8956 is out of stock and back orders are not allowed. You cannot add this item to your shopping cart. To order these items please call Z1 Enterprises. Thank you."

Comment

Did you call them?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yup,
                      Some will be back on Monday. I thaught I read somewhere they are discontinued?

Comment

Working...
                      X