No announcement yet.

Fuel in oil GS650G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aah...that is a 650 in the "M" styling over here, which I have seen listed as the G in Europe. A fine looking motorcycle, and plenty of fun.

On a more serious note, do not let your lack of experience keep you from working on your own motorcycle. $700 goes a long way to improving your ride, and you'll KNOW exactly what is going on, and appreciate it more than if you have someone else working on it (and you don't have to wait for the mechanic to finish other projects first)

That being said, if the $700 doesn't hurt you, we are in the midst of riding season (even in Norway) and it would be a shame to have the bike laid up for too long, so if that's the quickest path to being on the road, go for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your bike in some "odd" places. Maybe a riding game picture or two...if I may be so cliche, see if you can find us a troll.
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
      aah...that is a 650 in the "M" styling over here, which I have seen listed as the G in Europe. A fine looking motorcycle, and plenty of fun.

On a more serious note, do not let your lack of experience keep you from working on your own motorcycle. $700 goes a long way to improving your ride, and you'll KNOW exactly what is going on, and appreciate it more than if you have someone else working on it (and you don't have to wait for the mechanic to finish other projects first)

That being said, if the $700 doesn't hurt you, we are in the midst of riding season (even in Norway) and it would be a shame to have the bike laid up for too long, so if that's the quickest path to being on the road, go for it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your bike in some "odd" places. Maybe a riding game picture or two...if I may be so cliche, see if you can find us a troll.
      Aha, that`s why I could not find any bikes in US that looked like mine when I searched for "G"....
      Fun is missing at the moment, but I hope it will come when it`s back from the local guru

The only thing I`m lacking experience in is the carbs, engine and everything else I`m good at. I love to take things apart, but not so good in putting things together
      The season here in Norway is to short, and the weather is NOT with us.

Is there any websites with parts/performance for GS that ships to Norway?
      And what do you think I need to buy, I want it as clean as possible, but any improvment is good

I`ll take a lot of pictures when I get it back, some nature pictures and maybe some troll, a long ride to find one but it is possible!

Comment

I`m also thinking about doing a paintjob on it, White... Will this suit the bike or should I go for the original?

Comment

Wow, nice looking and my favorite color ! oh no, pods (on carbs) - hopefully someone on here can tell you what brand. Your mechanic should know about their potential pitfalls.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
            Wow, nice looking and my favorite color ! oh no, pods (on carbs) - hopefully someone on here can tell you what brand. Your mechanic should know about their potential pitfalls.

No worry, they are gone, I`ve bought the original airfilter box
            I know of the problems adding pods same on cars

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnyr82 View Post
              I know of the problems adding pods same on cars
              Then you are qualified to do the carb work yourself with a little help from Basscliff's. Your mechanic might be a genius, but he'll never care about your bike as much as you do!
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                Then you are qualified to do the carb work yourself with a little help from Basscliff's. Your mechanic might be a genius, but he'll never care about your bike as much as you do!
                I know, I can rip the carbs apart, but it is the adjusment, fuel/air I`m very insecure about, using the proper tools for adjustments... I have seen Basscliff`s site and read about the carbs, but all the terms in english are to hard to understand even for me
                The measurement are different than we use, I`m not a slow learner but I need to see it with my 2 own eyes and not reading and looking on black/white pictures.

Comment

Let's have some pics of the larger o-ring.
                  Found a simular kit on ebay, where you can se the large O-ring.

Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I think that is the same as part #49 on this fiche:

'83 GS650G

Comment

I think that is the same as part #49 on this fiche:

http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/fiche...1983&fveh=2129
                      No, #49 is made of copper, it was copper on my carbs, but who knows what the last owner have done

Comment

hmmm...that will require more thought. I don't remember a copper gasket being there, and #49 is clearly identified as an o-ring, not a gasket.

EDIT- could it be the o-ring for the choke plunger?

Maybe RobertBarr (cycle o-rings) could provide some insight.
                        Last edited by BigD_83; 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM.
                        '83 GS650G

Comment

If you have not seen this yet, a very handy tutorial on these carbs:

'83 GS650G

Comment

Yeah, I think it`s the o-ring for choke plunger, it seems like the right size. Damn, if I had that GREAT tutorial earlier

I`ll bookmark it in my Suzuki folder! Every link or info goes in there, I will learn this, not giving up this bike so easy! I love the bike, it is not a speed monster or a rocket, it`s a classic and i love the shape of it.
                            The only thing I don`t like is that it goes a bit unstable at "higher" speed, wind is pushing a bit.

Comment

Working...
                            X