where are the a/f screws on a 1977 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are the a/f screws on a 1977 gs750

havent been on here in forever. but i have been doing some work to my buddys 77 gs750 and i know where the fuel screws are on the bottom of the carbs but there isnt any adjustment screws on the side of the carbs. i know some carbs have caps covering them and you have to drill into them to remove them to gain access to adjust them. but i have drill more then a 1/8th of an inch and there is just more metal, does this model not have these adjustment screws.

pretty sure those are VM so

page 3

Comment

yea where it shows where the air screw is there is nothing there, and i dont want to keep drilling and go through the carb, it is just solid aluminum

Comment

Originally posted by tc862011 View Post
        yea where it shows where the air screw is there is nothing there, and i dont want to keep drilling and go through the carb, it is just solid aluminum
        keep drilling what??????????? you shouldn't be drilling anything!

post up a pic of the carbs and we will point them out to you......

(have you tried looking on the opposite side of the carb?)
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

some carbs have a cap that cover the air screw that you have to drill into to pull the cap off, but these carbs have no air screws on it i have never seen this, i have checked both sides of the carbs and nothing but solidd aluminum

Comment

i know where the air screws usually are on these carbs cause it would be the same spot on my gs550 but there isnt any screws there

Comment

....what are you drilling?

Comment

where the cap would be covering the air screws on the side of the carb look at the pic the first answer was and thats where the air screw should be and where i drill in a little to see of there was a cap that was covering the air screws that the factory sometimes puts there to stop people from adjusting it

Comment

I get that. We need an actual picture because you say there is no cap but you say you are drilling where the cap would be. So either theres a cap or you have a big problem.

It should be obvious without drilling that the cap is a cap.

Comment

post a pic of the carbs you are working on, and stop drilling anything!!!!!!!!!!
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

i stopped drilling lol i am uploading a pic now, i didnt drill much and the pic is a pic of an untouched one that is supposed to have an air screw but there isnt one

Comment

I hope i'm wrong but that almost looks filled in. A PO/PM could have replaced the cap with some JB or Qwik

Comment

thats what i thought but there isnt anything there. he has been riding it for a few years and it runs good but i was doing maintenence and i figure it needed some tuning but it only has the fuel screws and no air screws.

Comment

its not filled in my hand cause they are all identical like a machine did it, if it was hand filled it would look alot different on each one

Comment

doesn't look like Suzuki carbs to me, can we see a bigger picture of the whole carbs?
                              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                              X