where are the a/f screws on a 1977 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tc862011 View Post
    havent been on here in forever. but i have been doing some work to my buddys 77 gs750 and i know where the fuel screws are on the bottom of the carbs but there isnt any adjustment screws on the side of the carbs. i know some carbs have caps covering them and you have to drill into them to remove them to gain access to adjust them. but i have drill more then a 1/8th of an inch and there is just more metal, does this model not have these adjustment screws.
    I think they are there, packed in under JB. How to undo that......hell

Comment

its not any kind of jb or quick weld cause the one i tested was all straight aluminum

Comment

they are mikuni carbs and look identical to the ones on my 550 exepct they are on a 750 and are missing the air screws

Comment

Originally posted by tc862011 View Post
          its not filled in my hand cause they are all identical like a machine did it, if it was hand filled it would look alot different on each one
          nm then. Beer plz

Comment

were some carbs made with out these air screws, i have never seen any

Comment

They should be VM26SS carburetors with air screws on the sides. None of the three sets of VM26SS carburetors that I have have the two wide horizontal casting lines in the middle and two smaller horizontal casting lines top and bottom.
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                They should be VM26SS carburetors with air screws on the sides. None of the three sets of VM26SS carburetors that I have have the two wide horizontal castings in the middle and two smaller horizontal casting lines top and bottom.
                thats what makes me think they are not the original carbs, plus the lack of air screws......
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

A better shot of the rack would be nice, I'm not seeing the brass vacuum barb on #3, and there should be a brass vent barb on #2 and #4 to the left of that triangular fin in the front of the carb. All three look alike and are in the same position on their respective carburetor bodies.
                  Last edited by OldVet66; 06-12-2013, 04:37 PM.
                  http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

They look like these style....
                    David
                    1998 Suzuki Bandit
                    1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
                    1978 GS1000 - gone
                    1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

It looks like you nailed it, his carburetors are not for a GS750.

Comment

They are vm 22s that are common on 550s as far as I've seen. I dunno after googling it now. It looks like they could be vm28s from ???
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2013, 06:41 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

If it were me I would be posting for a set of the correct carbs.

Comment

Those could be the VM 28s off of a Z1

Is there a pumper under the #2 float bowl?
                            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                            2007 DRz 400S
                            1999 ATK 490ES
                            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by ThrottleBack View Post
                              nm then. Beer plz
                              Even google translator got lost on this one.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Just wanted a beer

Comment

Working...
                                X