Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

difference in float height

hi guys
    dose it matter if the float height differs from one to the other as long as there are within the specs, I,E 24.22mm +/-1mm on my gs100gt 1980, I have them within specs but not equal to each other

Mark

no, it wont really matter as long as they are in spec although if you can get them all exactly the same that would be better
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I agree with Adrian...try to get them all the same as best you can. Reason being, that if one on one side is higher than the other, your only getting the full lifting pressure of one side of the set

Also you adding a bind to the hinge if one side is lifting more than the other one is.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Mark, it seems hard to get the float heights the same, but it might be a lot easier if you get a miniature set of Channel Lock style pliers that will hold the tab and bridge the pin tube so you can gently bend the tab without twisting it or affecting any other part of the float mount. After a few tries you will be an expert, it just takes a little practice, patience and the right tool.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

carb float height

Thanks fellas ,yes I found it awkward to try and adjust them

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X