hex carb screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hex carb screws?

Hello I am sure this is a silly question. Is there a set of hex bard screws. I bought a set of hex screws for the intake boots and will be beginning my project real soon and would like to change all those out as well. Thank you fellow riders for all your assistance.

hex carb screws probably wont have enough clearance for the hex heads, plus they would be really awkward to install or replace.
    you will be better off with the stock screws or upgrading them to socket head screws
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thanks for you prompt reply. I want to upgrade to the best possible option. Is there a member seller you can recommend that sells a complete set of socket type?

Comment

I just found some on ebay. But I would much rather a member get my money. If you do have a member to recommend that is where I will go.

Comment

Z1 i think sells the kits. that seems to be the majority of members favourite for parts like that
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I got my socket head screws from ebay. I ordered 2 sets from this company: http://myworld.ebay.com/retro-motorc...84.m1439.l2754. The screws worked well for me.

Comment

Limited GS selection but I used this guy for the 1000 kit http://myworld.ebay.ca/searay340&ssP...84.m1543.l2533 .

Comment

Are you talking about replacing all of the phillips heads with hex allens?

Comment

Originally posted by rockhammer View Post
                  Hello I am sure this is a silly question. Is there a set of hex bard screws. I bought a set of hex screws for the intake boots and will be beginning my project real soon and would like to change all those out as well. Thank you fellow riders for all your assistance.
                  Ace Hardware if you have one there. Ace has a good metric assortment of sizes and types. Internet sources will be cheaper if you're doing a literal one-to-one comparison.

Comment

Working...
                  X