exhaust fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust fitment

Does anyone know if there are other Suzuki exhaust headers that will fit a 83 1100 E 4 valve motor, for instance GSXR or Bandit 750/1100/1200. Are the tube sizes and centers similar or are they way off? Has anybody tried to use one of the new engine family exhausts on an older style engine?

Seems to me I remember reading on the now defunct OSS site that the early gsxr and bandit did fit the gs1100. Of course rear mounts need to be fabricated, and maybe some grinding on the collars, but I think it's a common modification

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
      Seems to me I remember reading on the now defunct OSS site that the early gsxr and bandit did fit the gs1100. Of course rear mounts need to be fabricated, and maybe some grinding on the collars, but I think it's a common modification
      thanks! i was guessing that if any would "fit" it would be the oil cooled motors. if the tube diameter and length to where it curves under frame is close the rest should be a piece of cake. I've seen bandit exhaust on ebay for as cheap as $50 so I think I might give it a shot.

Comment

I did some measurements on the tubes this evening, my 83 GS 1100 primary's are 1 5/8 and my 95 GSXR 1100 are approx 1 3/8 but they are step headers and step up about 4 inches out of the head. I couldn't reach down inside the cowling to measure the step size without taking it off so I didn't measure the step. I couldn't tell from looking down if there were anymore step ups without getting underneath it. I went back on ebay and was checking the Bandit headers and they are definately bigger than the GSXR so maybe. I'm not necassarily looking for a bolt on and I'm even willing to cut the collector off and fabricate one or get an aftermarket one to use if the they will fit the head and the tube length to the bend where it goes under the frame is close.

Comment

The 1st gen 1100 headers fit best, I have a 2nd gen 1100 header on mine which fits but is some more work. The bandit 1200 will fit be on the lookout for a yoshi if you can. The stock pipes are a Lille fugly around the collector. Others will also work. People have made later model Ti headers fit 1st gen gixxer so they can't be too far off for a gs.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
            The 1st gen 1100 headers fit best, I have a 2nd gen 1100 header on mine which fits but is some more work. The bandit 1200 will fit be on the lookout for a yoshi if you can. The stock pipes are a Lille fugly around the collector. Others will also work. People have made later model Ti headers fit 1st gen gixxer so they can't be too far off for a gs.
            Thanks, good info. I suspected that they were probably close enough to work without a lot fabrication. What I'm after is really a 4-2-1 tri-y kind of setup or 4-2 so i can keep the ground clearance if I can. I have thought about cutting up the stock system and replacing the mufflers but the ones on mine are pretty nice shape and I can't bring myself to cut them. They are too proud of the ones on ebay and the GSXR's look like some pretty good deals and the after market pieces look like shoddy crap for the most part.

Comment

Working...
            X