Idle Adjust Screw Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Adjust Screw Spring

82 GS850 Idle adjustment screw (knob) connected to throttle plate is vibrating and changing idle up and down during riding. I think the spring is missing but cannot locate a good pic/diagram to figure out replacement or placement of the spring. Any help?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2013, 02:31 PM.

Originally posted by Readyreed View Post
    82 GS850 Idle adjustment screw (knob) connected to throttle plate is vibrating and changing idle up and down during riding. I think the spring is missing but cannot locate a good pic/diagram to figure out replacement or placement of the spring. Any help?
    I have one if you determine you are missing one.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

go to this link and look for part #56

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That's it alright. I was hoping for some specs so I could just fabricate one but went to shop and ordered one. 3 day wait. Thanks for the reply

Comment

+1
          I thought I’d have an undocumented issue to submit!
          I already thought about a catchy title like “ idle screw ghost issue” or something like that
          Anyway if that can help others… after a complete carb cleaning, the throttle would just raise at a rate of about 1K RPM / minute of riding. I finally positively determined that the idle screw would tighten from the engine vibration.
          Air box removed, spring added, airbox reinstalled. All back to normal.
          This forum is the best knowledge encyclopedia about GSs..
          Thanks anyway.

GS850GT almost 100% stock

Comment

Working...
          X