Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these the right fittings for cv carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these the right fittings for cv carb?

Ok on another thread I asked about fuel height tool and we recommended by these and make my own. However I am not sure if these are for vm or cv. I need to verify before I order. I have a cv carbs gs 850

If it was the link Agemax provided, from Z1 Enterprises, it is only for the VM series carburetors, not your CV carburetors. You really need to provide information in each post so there is no question of what you are talking about, like the name of the post or provide a link to the part you are talking about. You shouldn't make people have to look up your posts, it might lead to confusion and possible bad information. I think the link to making your own out of zerk fittings was for CV carburetors. You would still have to verify the size and thread pitch of your bowl drain plugs.
    Last edited by OldVet66; 06-24-2013, 03:27 AM.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Hi,

CLICK HERE and look at page 59.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
        You really need to provide information in each post so there is no question of what you are talking about, like the name of the post or provide a link to the part you are talking about. You shouldn't make people have to look up your posts, it might lead to confusion and possible bad information.
        It is for that very reason that I ignore a lot of tech questions.

The situation is only slightly lessened with a link to the previous post, instead of a summary of what is going on, then use the link as a reference.

You do have your general location and a sig that mentions your bike, so that's at least a good start.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          It is for that very reason that I ignore a lot of tech questions.

The situation is only slightly lessened with a link to the previous post, instead of a summary of what is going on, then use the link as a reference.

You do have your general location and a sig that mentions your bike, so that's at least a good start.

there was no real reason to start a new thread either.
          if the question was added to the original thread at least it would be easy to flick back through the previous posts to get an idea of what is going on
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I made the mistake of not posting the link. I thought I did. My mistake. I appreciate all your input trust me. I messaged the original poster on the link and he answered me. Thank for all you help.

Comment

Working...
            X