KZ1000 carbs on 77 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZ1000 carbs on 77 gs750

Sorry if this has been asked already but I have a set of us spec kz1000 28mm carbs and would like to fit to my gs750 really because it came without carbs and I have these sitting in a box any tips suggestion to jetting etc running pods and non restrictive exhaust. I apologise if this is already been asked but I can't get the search to work.

I have the same set of carbs on my 78 GS750. I'm still working out the kinks as they are rich. Ive tried several setting and changed the pilot jets to 20's to get it to run without using the choke. BTW im using individual air filters and have a vance and hines 4-1 exhaust. I dont have a stage 3 kit in the carbs as I have'nt been able to determine if that will help or not. keep me posted and let me know how yours turn out.

Comment

Sounds like you two need to collaborate. "Normally" carbs are brand specific, even the slides can have a different cutout angle. Interesting projects, keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgy GS750 View Post
        Sorry if this has been asked already but I have a set of us spec kz1000 28mm carbs and would like to fit to my gs750 really because it came without carbs and I have these sitting in a box any tips suggestion to jetting etc running pods and non restrictive exhaust. I apologise if this is already been asked but I can't get the search to work.
        The carbs may not fit in the GS boots - you can get the Kawasaki boots from Z1
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Thanks for info they fit in the rubbers I have but might not be standard, they seem to run sort of okay as drawing air in from where the rubbers seal against head, waiting on new orings, but will give the primary jet a try to get it to idle better, at the moment I have turned the pilot air screws fully in

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgy GS750 View Post
            Thanks for info they fit in the rubbers I have but might not be standard, they seem to run sort of okay as drawing air in from where the rubbers seal against head, waiting on new orings, but will give the primary jet a try to get it to idle better, at the moment I have turned the pilot air screws fully in
            Turning the air screw in makes the idle mixture richer, that seems to be the opposite of whet you're aiming for
            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
            2007 DRz 400S
            1999 ATK 490ES
            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

That's what I thought as no filters at the moment, if I increase the pilot jet size that richens fuel mixture but at the moment I have just turned the pilot screw in to reduce air it was purely guess work but it did idle better but hung up on the revs a bit so going to try the #20 pilots and see what happens bike needs valve seals done as well I think had it running a while on and off just trying different things and on initial start up loads of smoke but soon clears when engine warms up don't why I buy these projects but just cant help myself hate to see old bikes rot away

Comment

there is no point trying to sort jetting out, especially pilots and fuel screws, until you have cured the intake air leaks. once the leaks are cured all the jetting settings will be all wrong and you will have to start again......
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Your right but just impatient you know what its like just want to heaer the fooker running :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X