Help! Parts Desperately Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Parts Desperately Needed!

I pulled the exhaust from my 1982 GS1100G, and -- lo and behold! -- the P.O. kindly 'forgot' to install the two-piece exhaust collar on the header pipe on one cylinder. I have no idea how the pipe stayed on, frankly.

I cannot find them from parts houses. Does anyone happen to have two extra that they'd be willing to sell, please? I'll even spring for Overnight shipping.

#7 on the diagram

Comment

#7 on THIS DIAGRAM, too, but it's about two-thirds of the price.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks, but I never deal with Bike Bandit, due to past experiences that were less than optimum, shall we say.

Got 'em through Boulevard Suzuki. Thanks, gents!
        Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BiPolarBear View Post
          Thanks, but I never deal with Bike Bandit, due to past experiences that were less than optimum, shall we say.
          The link I gave you is for Boulevard Suzuki, a well-respected vendor here.

Personally, I have had no problems with Bike BANDIT, only that they seem to value the same merchandise a bit higher than almost everybody else.
          I just figured that's how they earned the BANDIT part of their name.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Hi,

You'll find lots of vendor links in your "mega-welcome". Z1Enterprises.com and gssuzuki.com are my current favs.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Yes, thanks, BassCliff -- I'm still working through that amazing MegaWelcome. Thanks -- brilliantly done!

Comment

Got 'em through Boulevard Suzuki. Thanks, gents!
                Would you be willing to do a buyer review of Bike Bandit over in that sub-forum?
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I'm not comfortable doing one as a new member, frankly. Much of what makes a review reliable is based upon the trustworthiness of the reviewer, and I'd rather establish a track record on the forum, first, to let the members here decide if I'm a shining genius or rubbish-filled clot, or somewhere in between.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                    Would you be willing to do a buyer review of Bike Bandit over in that sub-forum?
                    I've always been happy with bikebandit. They're prices may be a little higher but they have good turn around time and have always been responsive when I've had a question regarding an order.

Comment

I'm not comfortable doing one as a new member, frankly. Much of what makes a review reliable is based upon the trustworthiness of the reviewer, and I'd rather establish a track record on the forum, first, to let the members here decide if I'm a shining genius or rubbish-filled clot, or somewhere in between.
                      Good call...I did not notice how new you were.

but maybe it'd be therapeutic to share the problems you had. IMHO, you can write an honest and balanced review without completely ripping a supplier.

From what I have read, most people's experience with BB has been positive. At least, those willing to write a review.
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

There are TONS of Suzuki vendors just like Bike Bandit. Took me all of 2 seconds to find your part, no matter who you use as a vendor.

Comment

There are TONS of Suzuki vendors just like Bike Bandit. Took me all of 2 seconds to find your part, no matter who you use as a vendor.

Thanks for sharing that, Crage. I usually deal with European suppliers -- for instance, for my 'other' Suzukis, with a supplier in the Netherlands; for Benelli, a dealer in Germany; for Norton with a chap in (surprise!) the U.K., and for all other Japanese bikes with CMS, almost all of which have faster turnaround times and delivery speed than American companies.

It seems to me that many of the suppliers here are rather.....relaxed when it comes to not only obtaining and shipping the parts, but -- more importantly, at least to me -- not too quick in saying whether a part is even available, or on 'back order'. A part that I've ordered from certain firms fifty miles from my house will take ten days or so to arrive, while a company three thousand miles away will arrive in half that. This is especially striking with David Silver, a Honda parts concern. I've literally had orders arrive in two days, and never longer than four.

But thanks again, Crage. You are obviously quite adept at 'working the internet'. I will try to follow your example.
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-25-2013, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I'd rather establish a track record on the forum, first, to let the members here decide if I'm a shining genius or rubbish-filled clot, or somewhere in between.
                            With our luck, you might be a clot filled with shining rubbish.

sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

With our luck, you might be a clot filled with shining rubbish.

If that's true, I'll probably start a religion.

Comment

Working...
                              X