Help! Parts Desperately Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BiPolarBear View Post
    A part that I've ordered from certain firms fifty miles from my house will take ten days or so to arrive, while a company three thousand miles away will arrive in half that.
    You must live in some hole in KY.

I've had no problems from any Suzuki vendors. Maybe I'm just relaxed when it comes to waiting on parts. You made a post that you were DESPERATE for a part. I was just pointing out that plenty of Suzuki vendors have it choose one.

Comment

Desperate insofar that my exhaust is on the floor of the garage until that part arrives. Waiting a week to ten days in such a circumstance irritates me. I'm going to stop at Magnum Cycle (a breaker's yard) in Louisville today to see if I can find one.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

so no need for my part? If not please let me know so I am not wasting my time. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, Danaconda7, I didn't know that you had one.

YES! If you would overnight it to me, I'll compensate you appropriately PLUS give a twenty-five dollar donation in your name to the forum.

It's MUCH better than waiting a week or ten days in rime riding weather, AND unable to use my garage!

If you PM me your PayPal info, I'll PM you my adress. THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by BiPolarBear View Post
            Desperate insofar that my exhaust is on the floor of the garage until that part arrives. Waiting a week to ten days in such a circumstance irritates me. I'm going to stop at Magnum Cycle (a breaker's yard) in Louisville today to see if I can find one.

I totally understand the feeling. Where are you in KY? Let me know what you think of Magnum Cycle, I'd like to stop by there some time. I don't think we really have any yards in Lexington that specialize in bikes.

Comment

Yes, I'm in Sligo in Oldham County. I've been to Magnum before, but it's been a few years.

My schedule changed today, so I'm going there tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what it's like.

Comment

Did you have any luck?

Comment

I did -- of a sort. It's a rather small operation, with about fifty bikes in the back, and only one GS -- a '77 or '78 GS750.

But I was looking for exhaust flanges, and they had a whole box of mix 'n match. I took my original along, and picked out four of the same size and radius, but with longer skirts.

I took them home and trimmed them with an angle grinder, and they're fine.

So -- probably not worth the drive from Lexington unless you call first.

Comment

Glad you found them and thanks for the info! I will be searching for another project bike soon so this may prove to be a useful resource yet.

Comment

I'm gonna go off topic here a bit and say hey, bipolarbear, you are demonstrating a fantastic attitude for someone new to this little forum. Welcome to the gsr, and thanks for the positive example for others!
                      also, i think you will find z1 enterprises to be among the best for speed of shipping and helpful service.
                      greg
                      1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                        I'm gonna go off topic here a bit and say hey, bipolarbear, you are demonstrating a fantastic attitude for someone new to this little forum. Welcome to the gsr, and thanks for the positive example for others!
                        also, i think you will find z1 enterprises to be among the best for speed of shipping and helpful service.
                        greg

Why, thank you Greg! I'm very happy to be here!

Comment

Working...
                        X