Ethenol treatment or what ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethenol treatment or what ?

Everything is good with the bike after all your guys help. I bought lucas ethenol treatment , is there anything better

Probably a mixture of that and StarTron. StarTron is also a good ethanol treatment as well as one of the best maintenance cleaners and will stabilize gas for up to 2 years. Did you ever get your answer about tires?
    Last edited by OldVet66; 06-28-2013, 10:58 PM.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I have been a Seafoam user for a long time, but I just came across some specs on the new STP version fuel treatment- it is supposed to blow away the Seafoam in all areas. Some gas stations are even using it in the fuel.
      I plan on giving it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
        Probably a mixture of that and StarTron. StarTron is also a good ethanol treatment as well as one of the best maintenance cleaners and will stabilize gas for up to 2 years. Did you ever get your answer about tires?
        Star Tron I'll try that next , after I burn 90 gallons worth of lucas fuel . I'm not to sure about sea foam , it's mostly alcohol , and it didn't adjust my valves like u guys said . Thanks for asking about the tires , was going to go with the shinko roadmaster 230, TKent said they were a little squirrelly , and a bit unstable . Going to try avon road riders . Thanks for all the help guys

Comment

Originally posted by bearrocco View Post
          TKent said they were a little squirrelly , and a bit unstable . Going to try avon road riders . Thanks for all the help guys
          I've had both, I don't know why he would think them squirrely if he rode them long enough to wear away the release compound, but he may ride at insane levels that I would never try.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Ride more. That's all that's needed.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
              I've had both, I don't know why he would think them squirrely if he rode them long enough to wear away the release compound, but he may ride at insane levels that I would never try.
              He did say he only took a short shake down run , after he got it together. I'll ask him in a week or two.

Comment

To be fair, I always run the back tire one size larger. With the Shinko 230's I went up one size front and back. My bike handles curves like it is on rails, so I can't really say it handles better than the Avons with an equal setup, but it sure blows away the old Avons with a stock front tire and a over sized back tire. There is a break in time on the Shinko tires to scrub away the release compound, so I don't know if a short shake down run does them justice.

Comment

I rode on them 100 miles or so, all two up on the 1100G. Didn't mean to imply they were bad, they just tracked seams in the pavement a little more than the RoadRiders, and wiggled a bit on grooved pavement. Not bad, just noticeable. Seemed fine for the money. Never got a chance to ride hard to see how they handled on a twisty road, which is the only tire quality I really care about, so I can't really say how they did. The traction seemed good, but I didn't really push it at all. No idea on how they wear, or how they handle half worn out, didn't go there. Won't be riding on them any more for a while, I sold the bike.

I have another set on the 550/650, but it won't be riding for a while.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                  X