Fuel Sender float confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Sender float confusion

According to the fiche, my bike takes part #34810-44901, fuel sender unit. Mine has given up the ghost and I saw one on ebay that looks identical to mine but has a different part number (34810-44900) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-GS450...ec5e0b&vxp=mtr

According to the fiche, part #34810-44900 looks different than what is labeled in the ebay listing. 44900 looks to have a straighter arm and a more rectangular float.

I guess my question is did the seller goof up with the part number or am I confused?

May be the one for the same model..but everytime Suzuki changed an aspect of something it was assigned a new "updated" part number.

Anyway, how do you know with certainty your is done? Ive repaired many and unless the coil on the rheostat board is rotted off, theres no such thing as toast!!

I would glady take a look at it for you if nothing else pans out, but that gonna involve mailing it to me and take up several days from your riding.

One thing to do to at least check the gauge is to put a jumper wire between the two leads that come off the harness and turn on the key..it should peg the gauge at the full or just above full mark. If the gauge doesn't move, you may have a good sending unit and a bad gauge instead.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
      May be the one for the same model..but everytime Suzuki changed an aspect of something it was assigned a new "updated" part number.

Anyway, how do you know with certainty your is done? Ive repaired many and unless the coil on the rheostat board is rotted off, theres no such thing as toast!!

I would glady take a look at it for you if nothing else pans out, but that gonna involve mailing it to me and take up several days from your riding.

One thing to do to at least check the gauge is to put a jumper wire between the two leads that come off the harness and turn on the key..it should peg the gauge at the full or just above full mark. If the gauge doesn't move, you may have a good sending unit and a bad gauge instead.
      I can hear the float bobbing around inside the tank . I don't know if the rod is still attached to it and it's just come loose from the rheostat. I'm going to run the gas out and pull it out to see how much of it is floating around.

Comment

Working...
      X