Identify carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify carbs

I have a 1980 GS750E that from previous posts I appear to not have the OEM carbs. I don't have enough funds to purchase the original carbs so I would like to rebuild these. Could anyone let me know what carbs I have and possibly what kit I need to buy? Obviously they are Mikuni, but are there several models or only one style? I just want to make sure I purchase the right kit. Also, any recommendations of vendors for buying various screws? I've already ran across several striped screws on the carbs.

Thanks,

Last edited by Guest; 08-25-2013, 02:44 PM.

Sorta look like > 2000 models (750 katana ?)- how many screws holding on black top? someone will know, but look for any numbers. Pull a main jet and report size
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

There are 4 screws on each carb

Comment

Here's another picture of the carbs

Comment

Someone must know these carbs. Anyways, understand that "rebuild" kits are usually a waste- the metal parts ( jets,etc) don't wear out, its those o-rings that need replacing . For $14, I'd opt for cycleorings BS kit (member on here) and see if they'd work out for your carbs- you might get lucky as they are mikunis. He also sells screw kits- measure yours.

Make sure you check jet sizes in case whoever did this mod was optimistic as to sizing needs.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

That sounds like a better plan as I took the carbs apart last night and for the most part everything looks good except maybe the seals. Does cycleorings have a website because when I search for a membername I'm not coming up with anything.
            Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Robert will fix you up.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
              X