number 1 & 2 exhaust not getting hot and motor popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    I in fact DO KNOW that a CV bike will run on all 4 without the airbox and have throttle response..not optimally as I said, but it will run.

2..The only logical thing is that 1 and 2 are dirty inside...otherwise they would be firing.

Spark, air, and fuel are the three necessary elements for igniton.

He states there is spark on all 4 plugs...element one covered.
    He has air obviously around the bike...element two covered.
    He isn't getting fuel to the cylinders...element three FAIL.

What causes element three from getting to the cylinders?? Thats right junior scientist!!!!!! DIRTY PASSAGES IN THE CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You missed the fact that there may not even be fuel in the bowls. Calm down mad scientist.

Comment

See Crage..I talked to himon the phone right after he made the firat post...so you need to get some facts before you tell ANYONE to calm down!!
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
        See Crage..I talked to himon the phone right after he made the firat post...so you need to get some facts before you tell ANYONE to calm down!!
        You need to calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Crage View Post
          Loosen the fuel drain screws and see if you are even getting fuel to those 2 carbs. I bet you aren't, this has happened to me twice after putting rebuilt carbs on. I take a rubber mallet and tap the carbs until the floats drop and allow fuel to fill the bowls. I bet it something simple.

People tend to jump to the more complex solutions before checking basics.
          when i notice they were not getting hot enough the first thing i do for both a overflowing and non flowing carb is tap the boats with a wooden dowl and a rubber mallet.

Additionally i tap them once i get them on so to not have them leak on me because of the aggressive movements.

Comment

Cool, I just know this has happened to me a couple of times after rebuild.

Comment

Have the valves been adjusted ? and if they have do you have the plug wires in their prospective places left coil wires #1-4 right coil wires 2-3 ?
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by KKBS
                So, after all this BS, Smithers, your other shim thread concludes you had wires crossed. Seems others in this somewhat vicious thread had their wires crossed too.

Some of you guys bashed each other and a few of you bashed the**** out of Chef, a member who has been here for a very very long time. A new comer pops up, and the conclusions jumped to and comments made are almost scurrilous. Shame on you guys.
                Agreed... I read this post a while back and was very concerned about sending my carbs out. Seems that some were way too fast with the gun on Chef. Reputations are hard to earn and easily damaged. I would think twice before you speak out and do damage without knowing all the facts and jumping to conclusions.
                http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
                1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Does it sound anything like this:

Go to 1min 57 secs

After complete and utter carb clean, it was only going on 2 cylinders.

Two things to look for:

1. Make sure you have the leads on the the correct cylinders.
                  2. Make sure the vacuum hose has no leaks and is connected to the petcock or is blocked off. Air getting into no. 2 carb through the vacuum hose would mess things up.

I checked both of those things and then had a 4 singing the same tune.

Greetings
                  Richard
                  sigpic
                  GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                  GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                  Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                  Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Working...
                  X