Cold header, new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold header, new member

Howdy folks! Nice to be here. Picked up a 78 GS 750, VM carbs rebuilt, synch'd, new points and plugs, starts right up, but cylinder 4 header does not get hot. Float bowl is full, checked pilot jet, main jet, not sure wassup. Just put pods on and jets are 102's. I'm at 6000 ft in ABQ, NM. Stock exhaust. Input?? Thanks!!

Does your #4 have nice spark? does that plug show signs of fuel? Does #4 get hot if you take it for run -above idle, so you are running on main jet?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Good spark yes, though I'm not sure if the pipe's getting hot from the other cylinders or directly. I've got the carbs off right now, trying to find replacement o-rings for the fuel screw.

Comment

Comment

I had a similar issue with a cb650 I had.
          had spark,
          first the carb was all plugged, so I cleaned it, then the pipe still never got hot.
          I did a compression test and it was super low. I did a wet compression test and it came up with the others that were dry.

the bad rings were not even creating enough suction to draw fuel through the carb, so the carb had stagnant fuel in it and just gunked up. that's how I got it. the PO was riding it for a few years on 3 cylinders...

Comment

Compression test?

Comment

Working...
            X