No announcement yet.

Carb sync tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right Steve,also note that's the price with the pouch to keep all the stuff together.Less that the linked US price for the Carbtune alone.

Comment

Steve, there no reason to shout about it. I'm not deaf you know. I guess the price of the Pound had dropped since I last checked into direct buys. I still would rather avoid the delays in shipment and customs issues. Unfortunately I've been experiencing problems with international shipments getting caught up in customs with delays that could take up to several weeks to resolve. If I can support a "local" company and receive my product faster then I would pay a couple extra dollars to do that.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
        Steve, there no reason to shout about it.
        There was no shouting. "Shouting" is in ALL CAPS.
        I was only emphasizing to show you the parts to which you needed to pay particular attention.

I guess the price of the Pound had dropped since I last checked into direct buys.
        That is why I said, way back in post #2: "Today's price is ..."

I still would rather avoid the delays in shipment and customs issues.
        They do this regularly and via Air Mail, how long can it take?
        If there were "customs problems", don't you think that those who have ordered one might have mentioned it as a caution to others?

If I can support a "local" company and receive my product faster then I would pay a couple extra dollars to do that.
        I try to support "local", too, but Carbtune apparently does not have 'dealer prices', so the dealers pay the same amount that we do. They don't do this for free because they like us, there will be a markup.

And, as Brendan mentioned in post #15, it's cheaper shipping, too. 3 GBP is US$4.80. You can't ship to the next town, let alone half-way around the world that cheaply.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

One of the reasons that I chose to buy where I did was because of Internet feedback on the BMW forums that verified what I was having issues with (I own a business that needs to ship items from EU and CAN) in terms of customs inconsistencies. Sometimes things come in OK and other times it's tied up while some bozo just sits on the item for weeks. Based on the condition of some of the packages (torn and opened) I say literally sat on. Based on the Pound to US dollar price fluctuations I’d say it a hit or miss in terms of when it’s cheaper to buy from Morgan or buy from a local vendor. Right now you are correct and I’m sorry if I added confusion to this debate. Kind of moot since he ended up buying an inferior dial gauge set off ebay.

All I really intended to do was to point out an alternative to purchasing directly from Morgan in case shipping time is an issue or costs rise. I needed the Carbtune in by a certain time and the link I provided did just that with little markup. Basically the same cost +- a couple dollars as getting it direct from Morgan. No disagreement here… Just another option available.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I bought my Carbtune direct from Morgan about 7 years ago. IIRC they shipped very quickly and the wait was minimal.

Comment

I just visited the Beemer site linked in post #6.

Carbtune - $109.95
              Carry case - $16.95
              shipping - free (UPS ground from New Jersey)
              Total - 126.90

Direct from Carbtune (today) - $107.49 (Air Mail from Ireland)

Savings - $19.41

I guess if you need it a day or so quicker, it might be worth $20 extra.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I just visited the Beemer site linked in post #6.

Carbtune - $109.95
                Carry case - $16.95
                shipping - free (UPS ground from New Jersey)
                Total - 126.90

Direct from Carbtune (today) - $107.49 (Air Mail from Ireland)

Savings - $19.41

I guess if you need it a day or so quicker, it might be worth $20 extra.

I knew I should have had them ship it to me directly from Ireland to Canada......

now it's gonna cost me 1200 bucks to get it.....

talk about an expensive tool.....and shipping is out of this world...

Just kidding, I had it shipped to my parents place in Croatia, and I have them coming over for Christmas, so it cost me a plane ticket for one of them to make sure they would bring it.....

one carb tune about 1300 bucks.........

Parents over for the holidays......PRICELESS.......

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                  ... one carb tune about 1300 bucks. ...
                  Gee, you pay that much extra and you STILL have to wait over three months.

Enjoy your time with the folks.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride

Comment

In my case I needed it quick because Chef got my carbs back to me too soon. What a b!#ch. Needed to get the bike back on the road as soon as I could. It all worked out since the Carbtune arrived on Monday and the carbs arrived on Tuesday. Bike was on the road on Wednesday. At the time the differance between where I purchased it from and ordering it direct was only about $8.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Out of curiosity I checked the shipping to Canada from the linked site,109 + 35 shipping=$145 USD,that's not including the case.Checked at the Morgan site yesterday,total with the case was 110 CAD.Doubt the shipping time would be much different.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Gee, you pay that much extra and you STILL have to wait over three months.

Enjoy your time with the folks.

Good thing I don't need it right away.....

It's always nice to spend time with the folks, none of us are getting any younger so it's nice to have the time together whenever possible

Comment

I think my carbtune showed up in 5 days, that's all the way to Oregon
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I actually received my carbtune from England faster than some parts I'd ordered from stateside folks.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                            X