Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750e 25ish mpg

Shouldnt I be getting closer to 40?
    doesnt matter if i ride hard or ride easy.
    id say i ride 30/70% city/highway

Originally posted by Im Faster View Post
    Shouldnt I be getting closer to 40?
    doesnt matter if i ride hard or ride easy.
    id say i ride 30/70% city/highway
    In a word, yes. Should be very close to 45-50 actually. Your having some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
      In a word, yes. Should be very close to 45-50 actually. Your having some issues.
      Yeah, after a ride pull your spark plugs and inspect- you might have a AWOL cylinder.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I seem to recall that you were looking for pods/pipe/jets, etc.

What is the current status of your intake and exhaust systems?

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

all stock, just ordered pods and a stage 3 kit.
          and have a jardine exhaust

Comment

My son had carb jets laying in the float bowl on one carb and had a bad petcock and was pumping gas out his exhaust pipe, his mileage was not so good either Any chance this is your problem?
            Last edited by nejeff; 09-24-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

i guess i t could, but i dont think so.

Comment

Well this is kind of like pulling teeth What exactly have you done? Any research into the issue? Have you been through the carbs? You say you don't think you have jets laying in the carb bowls or a bad petcock but have you actually done anything to verify this...test the petcock, pull the carb rack? How about some more information...your offering next to nothing for anyone to go off of.

I guess if your just asking whether you should be getting better mileage then the answer is yes. You should be getting close to double the mileage you are now, good luck.

Comment

I did something to the carbs.. changed the ..... needle type thing that has an clip to raise and lower it. im pretty sure i cleaned them last year.

but yes, i wasnt really looking for a solution at this point, since i have ordered the new kit and pods, and ill have different carbs going in also.

So if the problem prosists then ill look into a solution.

Comment

More tooth pulling. You did something? WHAT? It would be much easier to find your fuel efficiency problems before making huge changes that will effect the carburetion A LOT.
                    And it would be much easier if you understood how any of this stuff works.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

when i put the exhaust on i changed something.. again i cant remember what it is called, but i understand what it does.. it is the small needle that can be adjusted, to allowe a little more fuel to compensate for the exhaust.

and it makes no sense to me, to work on carbs that are getting replaced.
                      SO once i get the new carbs in, and IF i still have the issue I will look into the issue.

I WAS ONLY asking what the MPG should be.

Comment

50 .

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Im Faster View Post
                          I WAS ONLY asking what the MPG should be.
                          Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          50 .
                          Or a bit less, if you tend to flog it.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I know I'm going to regret asking but could you shed light on why your going to a different set of carbs? This is not a normal thing...actually it's rarely done when you have a working set

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                              I know I'm going to regret asking but could you shed light on why your going to a different set of carbs? .....
                              For the fun! He'll might remember what he does to this next set.
                              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X