Two small holes in exhaust. How to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two small holes in exhaust. How to fix?

I was running my bike the other day and listen and looking it over when I heard a sound of air coming from the inside back portion of the exhaust on each side of the muffler. The small holes are right after the weld for the last portion of the exhaust. The bell portion. I am not sure what these things are called. The holes are in exactly the same place on both left and right side and are on the inside. Can these be fixed with a weld? Or should I just leave them? Any opinion?

Thanks

Are you talking about the drain holes?

Comment

They are drain holes and I'd say leave them be unless you want them to rust out faster from accumulated condensation.

Comment

Yep, if those holes are a little less than 1/8", they are drain holes and should be left open.

You might see a little bit of water vapor escaping, but I don't think there will be enough air coming through them to hear.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yes they must be part of the design they are in exactly the same place on both sides. I am sure they are drain holes as you all are saying.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X