Jet Size........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet Size........

Ordering stock jets for my 79 GS1000......... Stock main jet is #95.

I see that Z1 has a #95 and a Large #95, which one do I need?

Thank you!

I'd just phone them first but I'm pretty sure you need the 'large' ones. The size difference is referring to the diameter of the 'head' for a lack of a better word to describe the top of the jet where your screw driver fits.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Yup, you want the larger "head diameter" ones...
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Thanks, is it a safe bet that all I will need is the O-rings and new jets...........all other parts should be in serviceable condition?

Comment

In most cases a good dip and O-rings will do the trick. However if previous owners were hacks you could need more. Pull the carbs apart and go over them very thoroughly. It's amazing what some people can mess up with a little internet knowledge and some cheap tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
            Thanks, is it a safe bet that all I will need is the O-rings and new jets...........all other parts should be in serviceable condition?
            Might need some new float bowl gaskets if you can't reuse the ones you have now...

I search e-bay for aftermarket ones, the OEM ones cost too much IMO.
            '85 GS550L - SOLD
            '85 GS550E - SOLD
            '82 GS650GL - SOLD
            '81 GS750L - SOLD
            '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
            '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
            '82 GS1100G - SOLD
            '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

I will certainly replace all O-rings and gaskets. I just was not sure if one would have typically changed other internal bits such as needle jets, pilot jet etc or is it typically just the main jet?

Comment

Rich, you'll want to salvage and clean as many internal parts as you can (aka: genuine Mikuni parts)... apart from the aforementioned o-rings and gaskets.

Mains and pilots can be swapped for fine tuning; these you can get from Z1. If you're going stock (VM 26s, pipes, air box, factory spec motor, etc.), you can order stock mains/pilots and be good to go.

So what's in store?... bobber, rat bike, chrome extended swing arm and LED kit?
                '80 GS1000ST
                '92 ZX-11
                Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                  Rich, you'll want to salvage and clean as many internal parts as you can (aka: genuine Mikuni parts)... apart from the aforementioned o-rings and gaskets.

Mains and pilots can be swapped for fine tuning; these you can get from Z1. If you're going stock (VM 26s, pipes, air box, factory spec motor, etc.), you can order stock mains/pilots and be good to go.

So what's in store?... bobber, rat bike, chrome extended swing arm and LED kit?
                  Well, I guess someone has to step up to the plate...........Bosozoku....Cooley Style!!

Comment

Dude!!!

'80 GS1000ST
                    '92 ZX-11
                    Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Z. View Post
                      Dude!!!

Perfection!

Comment

Working...