Calling all 77 gs400 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all 77 gs400 owners

What have you done to replace your carb intake boots? I've searched relentlessly and I cannot find any answer or a part store that has the boot for this bike. The 77 gs400 is the only bike that I can see that used the bs34 carbs. From my research, there are boots available for the gs34ss... I'm just hoping I can get a clear cut, "I bought this and it worked perfectly" response.

Zach

so with no response to my lazy question, I went ahead and began disassembling the carbs and took the intake boot out. To my surprise, not like the diagram on any website for parts, my boots have o-rings, completely flattened ones... After I order new boots, I'll put up the part number that fit in case there's some other 77 gs400 owner with a similar question.

here's a pic of the o-ring

here's a picture of a gasket that's doing nothing

Comment

cycleorings.com for the carb oring kits and the intake manifold orings. Measure the ID of the intake orings and let Robert know so he sends the right ones.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I emailed Robert earlier today. Having a 400, he said he had a kit for a 450 that would work for the carbs, just waiting to hear back from him on how to order that kit.

Comment

Hold off on getting new intake manifolds for a few days. I got info from the Honda CXB forum that Glycerine will make hard rubber pliable again. I got some and tomorrow a manifold is going in the dip.

Giving it 24 hrs then see what its like. I will make a report thread in a day or two.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            Hold off on getting new intake manifolds for a few days. I got info from the Honda CXB forum that Glycerine will make hard rubber pliable again. I got some and tomorrow a manifold is going in the dip.

Giving it 24 hrs then see what its like. I will make a report thread in a day or two.
            I've tried this http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...intergreen+oil

Comment

It's too late for me... I already ordered the boots... but I'm definitely interested in your results

Comment

Working...
              X