GS650 K&N air pods what size jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 K&N air pods what size jets?

anyone upgrade the air box? what size jet did you install? the stock jet 110..

let me know

It is generally accepted that CV carbs need a jet kit, such as a DynoJet kit, when installing pods. The needles need a different curve, need to be adjustable, the diaphram needs to be drilled, and a few other changes that are done when pods are installed.
    650 kit contents

Comment

the diaphram needs to be drilled
      I think you mean the slides, you would not want to drill holes in the rubber diaphrams.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
        I think you mean the slides, you would not want to drill holes in the rubber diaphrams.
        My bad.
        You are correct; one of the drill bits that comes in the kits is for the slides. The other drill bit is for the air jet correctors.

Comment

K & N pods and stock exhaust on a GS650...

120 main jets if you run below 5,000' and 117.5's if you run higher.
          Adjust the fuel screws to fine tune. Done.

You have already adjusted the valves, cleaned the carbs and re-sealed the intake manifolds... right?

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
            K & N pods and stock exhaust on a GS650...

120 main jets if you run below 5,000' and 117.5's if you run higher.
            Adjust the fuel screws to fine tune. Done.

You have already adjusted the valves, cleaned the carbs and re-sealed the intake manifolds... right?
            THanks I'll order a set from dime city..

So i need to adjust the valves too huh and reseal the intake manifold. Okay so it sounds like I got my work cut out for me.. : ) thanks

Comment

Originally posted by larryo View Post
              So i need to adjust the valves too huh and reseal the intake manifold. Okay so it sounds like I got my work cut out for me.. : ) thanks
              That is NORMAL MAINTENANCE. Yes, you need to adjust the valves every 4000 miles, according to Suzuki.

"Re-sealing the intake manifold" is actually just replacing the o-rings between the intake boots and the manifold. Chances are that the original o-rings are still in there, so new ones are probably in order. They only need to be changed every 20 or 30 years, so it's not an expensive proposition.

If you have not yet rebuilt the carbs, they probably need their o-rings changed, too, so just get them all from cycleorings.com. A complete set of o-rings for the carbs and intake boots, along with new screws to hold the boots in (the original screws are basically crap) will set you back less than $25.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                That is NORMAL MAINTENANCE. Yes, you need to adjust the valves every 4000 miles, according to Suzuki.

"Re-sealing the intake manifold" is actually just replacing the o-rings between the intake boots and the manifold. Chances are that the original o-rings are still in there, so new ones are probably in order. They only need to be changed every 20 or 30 years, so it's not an expensive proposition.

If you have not yet rebuilt the carbs, they probably need their o-rings changed, too, so just get them all from cycleorings.com. A complete set of o-rings for the carbs and intake boots, along with new screws to hold the boots in (the original screws are basically crap) will set you back less than $25.

thanks man.. I really appreciate the advice. Happy Holidays!

Comment

Working...
                X