Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want a BIG Kerker baffle ?

The Beast came with a Comp baffle...
    I need something "quieter" or my neighbors will kill me.
    anyone have a spare they want to trade?
    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Bark

I bet it barks. After I removed all the baffles from my Z1's 4-into-1, I would roll it out into the street, then start it and idle away in first gear. Coming back, I'd get it up to speed, then kill the engine an eighth of a mile down the block and coast home.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I'm not saying I wont put a few miles on it tomorrow...
      ( 45 and sunny ??? woo hoo !!!! )
      I only put 1 mile on it since I got it .... before Thanksgiving.
      nearest neighbor is super-cool retiree... he had loud Harleys....
      But it's silly-loud.
      I'm hoping a GSR member comes to the rescue.
      1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
      1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm hoping someone has a "medium" baffle they want to trade...
        not the smallest/quietest one.
        Thanks.

Comment

Last call before I ebay it....
          I pulled the baffle out, and it's in really good condition.
          Looking to trade for anything quieter than what I have.
          Or I might make one from scratch... If we still have the perforated tube at work I can "borrow"

Comment

I've got a kerker that's in very nice shape. I haven't looked at the baffle really so I'm not sure what's in there. I'll try and remember to have a look tomorrow. I would want to hear a sound bite of yours first though.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

You gotta like that "straight through" look (and sound), though.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Curiosity got to me. It looks like someone had the same idea as you, 'I think'. It looks like someone has welded up their own baffler. The hole measure 1 1/4 inches across. I've never heard this run so I have no idea on the loudness. The metal is all solid, the bolt thread is perfect, just needs paint.

Sorry for the blurry pictures, it was dark. You cannot tell there has been any inner welding from the outside of the baffle.
                Rob
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Yeah, when you roll into town with an old Kerker and downshift....people look. Lol
                  I have the same pipe.....The baffle size I am not sure about, all I know is I wouldn't want it any louder than it is now.
                  After I built my 1100 I rode it a number of months and its obvious how loud it is. I eventually pulled the baffle. It was bare, so I wrapped it tight with #3 or 4 course steel wool.....It didn't change, so then I added a couple wraps of yellow fiberglass insulation.
                  A tad quieter, not much. It did give it a smoother more mellow sound. Not so High pitch/ tinny/ barky anymore. It mellowed it down some.
                  This pipe is a real grumbler. Love its deep sound.
                  No trade from me....Mine is plenty the racket. If I get a break in my insane life I will post a video of mine running.

Comment

I think mine is the smallest baffle, measures 1.5" diameter. Anyone have measurements for the different ones?
                    1984 GS550ES
                    Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
                    4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

The finest in motorcycle performance products for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha

looks like 1.5, 2 and 2.5" are the choices. I would like a 2".

Comment

azr, I think yours might be a little too small for me. Thanks anyway !

And I forgot to get a video before I started taking it apart.

Comment

Yes I'm thinking it'll be too small for me too. Hey if you wind up wanting to sell your baffle let me know. Thanks for the link, cool stuff.
                          Rob

Comment

This is the 1.5" baffle that I bought for the Kerker on my ELR. I think Rob and Trevor will back me up when I say that it is plenty loud enough! When the revs start to increase the Kerker really comes into its own. My Kerker came with 2" baffle when it was new. I installed it and the noise that came out of it was unbearable and a little embarrassing. I rode around with my head spinning like the exorcist kid, always on the lookout for the cops, it was truly TOO LOUD. I put the 1.5" back on and both myself and the bike are happier. I still have the 2 incher, if you hate your neighbours I'll sell it to you!

IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

How much $?
                              and it looks like you have the newer version... or maybe just the angle from the picture makes it look different.
                              I don't think they interchange, do they ?

And that there is one purdy green machine... and clean !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X