Lets talk baffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk baffles

Im trying to outfit my old gs for running. Instead of guessing on a New exhaust im going to poke around at repairing my current head. The bike came fitted with a 4 into 1 head that was chopped just after the combined pipes. I Dont mind the look or the sound personally but i want to stay off the police radar.

My two options are to baffel the pipe at the turn down or re route the pipe towards the back to get a slip on type muffler with its own baffel.

To just toss a baffel in the pipe and throw a tip on it is cheap.. But to reroute the pipe and purchase a universal muffler is more expensive and a little less desired due to the involvement.

So the questions are...

Do any of those plug in baffles i see actually work?
    I notice they come in lengths.. How short can i go with them?
    Will the stage 3 dyna still be acceptable when baffeled?
    Does anyone have any arts and craft ideas for baffle construction?

Or should i just slip something on and be gone??

Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2014, 12:48 PM.

I met a nearby neighbor this summer with a beautiful CB750 cafe bike. It had a 4 into1 header with a full size (same size as the collector) pipe with no muffler running to the tail of the bike with a baffle in the end . I don't know if it was home brewed or how long the baffle was, but it was fairly quiet.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yea its funny. When i rode my bike last i knew it had a tone but the people i rode with couldnt believe the volume! I had no idea it was even that loud before.. I dont think a baffle in the short pipe will do any justice.. Im pretty sure its gotta reach out further.

Comment

Working...
      X