Airbox Cage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox Cage?

Well, I got my airbox off ebay for really cheap, but I think I overpaid. This is what they had for filtration:

So now what? I figure that I can't use it because the uni filter (which, by the way, has been wrapped a second time by similar filter material) has the two holes that mount it to the stock cage. Any bright ideas? Can I just throw it in as it is?

Why not just get the stock cage and element since your working with what looks like junk now.
    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Triam View Post
      Well, I got my airbox off ebay for really cheap, but I think I overpaid. This is what they had for filtration:

So now what? I figure that I can't use it because the uni filter (which, by the way, has been wrapped a second time by similar filter material) has the two holes that mount it to the stock cage. Any bright ideas? Can I just throw it in as it is?
      What year style air box did you end up buying?
      A 80-81 or 82 and up. I have both style cages and the earlier air boxes. Pm me
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Did they show that crappy cage in the ad? If not, log onto ebay promptly and file a dispute: "Item not as described".
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
          What year style air box did you end up buying?
          A 80-81 or 82 and up. I have both style cages and the earlier air boxes. Pm me
          Pm Sent It's an airbox of an '82.

Originally posted by eil View Post
          Did they show that crappy cage in the ad? If not, log onto ebay promptly and file a dispute: "Item not as described".
          Nope, nothing shows up regarding that. I'll file a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Triam View Post

Holy cow! That's nasty. What kinda bike you got that's an 80-82? How much difference in buying an OEM part?

Ed

EDIT: Nevermind...I see it's an 850G.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Holy cow! That's nasty. What kinda bike you got that's an 80-82? How much difference in buying an OEM part?

Ed

EDIT: Nevermind...I see it's an 850G.
              If you're talking about the cage, they don't really have it listed since they generally came with the airbox itself. I couldn't find it listed anyway.
              The filter is honestly in good shape. It's an Unifilter. They just put another layer of filter over it, which isn't glued into place or anything. Just put on.
              I'm talking with Hjfisk about buying one from him.

Comment

Working...
              X