carb holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb holder

Waiting on shims to arrive gave me a little down time so I modified my engine stand to also serve as a stand to hold the carbs while I am working on them. Very little cost involved. I bought two expansion plugs (32mm)at about $4.50 each. A piece of flat stock 1/4" x 1" x 36" for about $6.00 and a few nuts and bolts. While drilling holes in the flat stock I drilled holes for two more expansion plugs if needed. Two seem sufficient at this time. I did replace the nuts on the expansion plugs with wing nuts. Still have to use channel locks on the wing nuts in order to sufficiently expand the plugs. I will weld the nuts on the bracket that attaches to the engine stand and also the 90 degree angles. The holes where the 90's bend were added simply to make the metal bend much easier and since the holes matched on both 90's the bend was also accurate. A square verified the angles were a true 90. I will attach photos.

carb rebuild holder

Haven't figured out the pic thing yet.

Comment

Cool....what are you doing to the carbs? Usually you break them down to clean them...
      1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
      1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

This setup will hold things steady and aid in disassembly and reassembly.

Comment

I like it
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X