Best reasonably priced 4:1 system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best reasonably priced 4:1 system?

I'm looking to buy a new exhaust for my 77 GS750. Who out there makes a good quality system? I'm running VM26 and will of course jet them properly for whichever system I end up getting.

Define "reasonably priced".

Vance and Hines makes a decent one for around $350. MAC makes one as well, but I would go V&H before I would buy a MAC.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I guess I would say anything around $350-$450 would be reasonable. What makes the Vance & Hines so much better than the Mac?

Comment

They both rust just about as fast as the other but the V & H sounds much better and looks better. IMHO.

Comment

Marving makes a nice one as well, you get to keep the centre stand and can easily get at the oil drain plug as well (same as the V&H). There's a bike shop in Idaho that is the US distributer, cost around $450 delivered.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Best PERFORMING exhaust system.

So I guess I should have specified what I meant by "Best". When I look for motorcycle parts, I am looking for parts that PERFORM best, or provide the best performance for the money that I have to invest. "Function over fashion", ya dig? Sound and looks on an exhaust are second and third to how they make my engine/bike perform. I'm looking for an exhaust system under $500 that will help maximize my engines performance and efficiency as much as possible with the VM26 carbs that are on it.

Comment

Hey Charlie I would try and find something older and used , instead of going the new route as they seem not so well made and the finish is crappy, like Vance and Hines , they are out there if you look , a older yosh pro kerker would be ideal and they clean up nice as long as they are not full of dents and holes, I have a nice old Mac front is black and the end pipe chrome , not sure if it will fit a 750 , maybe someone here would know if if it can work , I spent a couple hours sandblasting and painting and polishing , looks new now, try bike salvage yards near you , or even far from you they will ship , I have ordered parts from Steve's
              Cycle salvage in Georgia they have everything .brian

Comment

I have had no luck finding a Yoshi pipe that would fit my bike. Anyone know of a Yoshi exhaust for a 77 GS750 that is for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  Marving makes a nice one as well, you get to keep the centre stand and can easily get at the oil drain plug as well (same as the V&H). There's a bike shop in Idaho that is the US distributer, cost around $450 delivered.
                  I have V&H on my 750 and 1100. I have had the one on my 750 for 2 years and 30000kms (18000mile) and it looks like the day I bought it (I do tend to take care of things though).
                  But I gotta say if I was doing it again I would really consider the Marving exhaust. I have heard and rode Rob's (AZR) bike, it's awesome!
                  No signature

Comment

Working...
                  X