Vacuum nipple wrong side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum nipple wrong side?

I just bought a new petcock from CRCII and after a month and a half it finally came in. The prime nipple is on the same side as my original one but the vacuum nipple is on the same side as the prime. Which is opposite of the original one. Can I just take those 4 screws out and spin it around or will something be misaligned inside? My vacuum hose isn't long enough to reach around the other side without kinking.

The diaphram is trapped by the backing plate held on by the screws. Its often NOT a good idea to break the seal from ..in my opinion. I would first try getting some more vac line and seeing if it can be routed differently as to not be kinked.
    Last edited by chuck hahn; 02-21-2014, 11:06 PM.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I haven't had any problems taking them apart.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Nipple? NIPPLE NIPPLE NIPPLE NIPPLE!
        Nipple............................................ ....
        Nothing to add I just love repeating the word.
        hijack?

Comment

Unless you eventually tear a diaphram breaking the halves apart..then it wasnt a good idea. Theres nothing but a spring in there as far as "loose" parts goes.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            The diaphram is trapped by the backing plate held on by the screws. Its often NOT a good idea to break the seal from ..in my opinion. I would first try getting some more vac line and seeing if it can be routed differently as to not be kinked.
            Aaaaannnd this is why I ask questions before pulling something apart when i'm unsure. Thanks very much. Good thing my local motorcycle shop hands out free fuel line.

Comment

I am still trying to figure out what the "prime nipple" is.
              Originally posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
              The prime nipple is on the same side ...
              sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Must be the big one in the middle.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
                  ...The prime nipple is on the same side as my original one but the vacuum nipple is on the same side as the prime. Which is opposite of the original one.
                  Both the feed and vacuum fittings should point to rear on this model - I've seen 3 setups.
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X