Carb O-rings on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb O-rings on ebay?

I just received a set of carb o-rings that I ordered from retro-motorcycles on ebay. The eight that go on the vent "T"s and aluminum fuel tubes are a smaller diameter and are too thick. Same with the needle valve seat o-ring and the air screw o-ring. They will probably slip on OK, but they are definitely not the same as the original o-rings. Has anyone here used these sets and experienced problems?

I have never tried these rings but the ones I got from cycleorings.com were a perfect fit.

Comment

We usually get our kits from cycleorings.com ( robertbarr here on the forum) and dont experience any problems. Can you return the ones you got off Ebay? Roberts kit will be around 22 dollars and youll get everything you need. He also has the intake manifold and drain plug orings.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

That's all Ive ever used and have never had a problem with cycleorings.com. Put a little silcone on them and turn the tube as you push it in the carb

Comment

I bought the same o rings as you did (retro-motorcycles ) . I worried slightly after what you said as the diameter wasn't the same. I did fit them to the pipe and pushed it into the carb and it is a perfect fit. I am not worried. I am using these and expect no problems with them. He had sold eight sets and no complaints about them so why worry? By the time you get he old ones off they have increased in size too. Theold ones are hard to remove.. I had to try them last night as I was so curious if they would fit.
          Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
            We usually get our kits from cycleorings.com ( robertbarr here on the forum) and dont experience any problems.
            Thanks.

And let's face it: Mine taste better. Just a pinch between the cheek and gums, for hours of chewy pleasure.
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Chalk one more happy customer up on the board.
              NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
              Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

What did you do in the end with the O rings???

Comment

Which O rings did you fit in the end?

Comment

Update...

After readiong a bunch of past posts on o-rings here on the forum, I was concerned about the smaller 0-rings from retro-motorcycles stretching and failing prematurely. I figured better safe than sorry, so I returned the ebay o-rings and went with cycleorings.com. I am very pleased. All of the o-rings from cycleorings were individually bagged and labeled, and the size was correct. There was even a tip sheet included for some things to watch out for in the installation. In the end, the cost of all the o-rings for the carbs, intake boots, and a set of stainless bolts was about the same as if I had bought all that stuff on ebay separately. I just finished my rebuild and all of the o-rings fit as they should.

This forum is a great resource...Thanks for the help.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-16-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

In the end I went for the Robert Barr O rings ( sopunds good ). Retro motorcycles didn't give a reply when I told him about the size of the O rings so I just left a negative comment.
                      But Robert I have to say that your O rings didn't taste any better

Comment

Originally posted by Ton1959 View Post
                        But Robert I have to say that your O rings didn't taste any better
                        Blasphemous swinish ingrates all.
                        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                        __________________________________________________ ______________________
                        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
                        X