Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle jet sizes

Calling carb gurus!
    I have two sets of needle jets, one set is brand new and is marked y-5, the other is a used set (35k km) marked y-1
    From looking at this page:

Every step up of the number makes the diameter .005mm larger, so the difference between y-1 and y-5 should be .02mm, seems like a tiny difference, but because the used set is worn a little, how much of a difference would there really be. Does .02mm REALLY make that much difference, maybe compensated by one notch in the needle clip position

It appears you can still get the factory parts. I couldn't find a factory chart, with the needle designation. A clip position makes a lot of difference, I would stay with stock sizes or look for a jet kit for specific changes. Dynojet makes a stage 1/3 kit for your bike with jets and needles.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
    X