1982 gs1100 carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1100 carb question

I took apart the carbs on my 82 gs1100 and they are pretty much rusted beyond use, I also have a 82 gs850 that had the same style vaccum carbs but they wouldn't fit up to the intake boots correctly tell me if it's possible to use these carbs on the 1100 or must I find another set else where

The 850 carbs are BS32, the 1100 carbs are BS34. You would have to do some adapting, but realize that you would also lose a bit of performance. The BS32 is the same carb that is used on the GS550.

You could look for some other carbs, but there is a chance that your carbs can be cleaned. Send me some pictures, I will be happy to give you an opinion on whether they can be refurbished.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I have several sets of GS1100 carbs. They have been sitting and will need to be gone thru. Ill sell you a set for $100 +postage if youre interested. I once took 3 sets of carbs to make one after our friendly local bike mechanic got done striping everything out on them, pilot jet heads, air screw heads etc. The trick is to let them soak with penetrating oil and use a little heat if needed plus use the right size screw driver, that's #1. These are right off a bike, don't know what the insides look like but they are fairly clean outside

Comment

Working...
      X