Petcock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock question

I had a custom tank built for my 1979 gs750L. When the tank came in it had one petcock on either side instead of just one like my old tank. Both petcocks on the new tank have an outlet for fuel lines which i assume ill have to join together with a connector of some sort, then run the hose to the carbs.
    But I'm new to building and wasn't responsible for taking the carbs off, hoses and what not, but everything I read said that I need a vacuum hose from #3 that runs to the petcock. Right? However, these new petcocks do not have anymore outlets for the vacuum" The fuel line is the only outlet. Can anyone tell me if I need new petcocks or do these work without a vacuum hose?

Originally posted by rbaldenegro View Post
    I had a custom tank built for my 1979 gs750L. When the tank came in it had one petcock on either side instead of just one like my old tank. Both petcocks on the new tank have an outlet for fuel lines which i assume ill have to join together with a connector of some sort, then run the hose to the carbs.
    But I'm new to building and wasn't responsible for taking the carbs off, hoses and what not, but everything I read said that I need a vacuum hose from #3 that runs to the petcock. Right? However, these new petcocks do not have anymore outlets for the vacuum" The fuel line is the only outlet. Can anyone tell me if I need new petcocks or do these work without a vacuum hose?
    Cap off the vacuum line coming from the carbs and DON'T forget to turn off the petcocks when your done riding.

I'm going to guess these petcocks don't have a reserve position and only have on and off. If that's the case your not going to run with both petcocks on simultaneously, one tank/petcock will be your reserve supply.

Comment

it actually does have "res" on it. ON, OFF, RES. does this make a difference.

Comment

No, it just means you now have two petcocks to switch over to RES when you start running low on fuel going down the highway. (And one of those will be right-handed, eek!)
        Last edited by eil; 04-25-2014, 01:33 AM.
        Charles
        --
        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
        X