Tuning check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning check

I have Uni pods and installed a stage 3 dynojet kit. Currently working on tuning it and was wondering if this is close to a respectable time for the idle to drop back down? I've never heard a good running one in person so I'm kind of wandering and youtube comparison is tough since everyone's camera makes them sound so different

koolaid_kid is the expert at tuning mixtures by throttle response time, maybe he will see this and respond.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yea I'm pretty sure I originally read a thread by him on this subject but I can't seem to find it anymore. Should have bookmarked :P

Comment

Hi there. The link is in my signature. I'm not quite sure what question is being asked, though.
        I was unable to link to your photobucket site (DNS error). It could be on my end; I have had connection issues and timeouts all day.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
          Hi there. The link is in my signature. I'm not quite sure what question is being asked, though.
          I was unable to link to your photobucket site (DNS error). It could be on my end; I have had connection issues and timeouts all day.
          yea I ended up finding that and reread through it. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track after a quick ride. The original question was just if it sounds like it's coming back to idle in a reasonable time, I have no idea what "reasonable" is since I haven't seen another one in person before.

Try this link?
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Link still did not work.
            I realize "reasonable" is subjective. Let me try to explain it a different way.
            If the settings are too rich, when you let off the throttle the RPM will drop down below your normal idle settings, (say normal is 1200), to around 800 or so, and possibly die, or possibly recover. Then you would lean the mixture out a bit.
            If the settings are too lean, when you let off the throttle the RPM will drop down to 1000 or so above your normal idle, then gradually settle down to 1200. Then you would richen it slightly.
            Hope that helps explain it a bit better.

Comment

ahh ok thanks, it's just about good then awesome write up btw!

Comment

Sounds ok to me.
                If it hangs up a little and does not pop follow mister koolaid's idle mixture screw adjustment. You may be lean. You will really notice it when riding and you close your throttle to coast and it pops.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X