Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here: 1983 GS650GLD - Where do the fuel lines from the petcock go on the carb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here: 1983 GS650GLD - Where do the fuel lines from the petcock go on the carb?

Hi, I just picked up an 83' gs650 and the fuel lines from the petcock are not attached to the carb. I need to know where the fuel lines go. Thank everyone!

Your petcock has two lines. One for fuel, one for vacuum. The fuel line is larger in diameter and attaches to the nipple between carbs 2 & 3. It is 7mm in diameter and the fuel line can be obtained from any dealer.
    The vacuum line is smaller in diameter and there should be a nipple available, possibly on one of your intake boots. Location will vary between models and I am not familiar with your particular model.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

fuel LINE, as in ONE. There shouldn't be any more than that, the other one is a vacuum line

Anyways, it connects to a pipe between carbs 2 and 3.
      The vacuum line connects to a pipe on the 2nd carb.

EDIT: just beat me to it....

Comment

Please see this article on Basscliff's site - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...locations.html

and his entire site with much more great information is - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I got another question now. Where do the 2 vent hoses from the carb connect to? Or do they not connect to anything?

Comment

They connect to nothing. With a factory air box, they should drape under the air box.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X