Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are them itty bitty rubberized washers called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are them itty bitty rubberized washers called?

Trying to do a Lookup. I ordered some from PartsOutlaw but the charged me for them and did not deliver.

Do you mean Dowty seals?
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

That is the name. Damnable difficult things to get for some reason. Now I need to know what size the OEM is. Cannot have my natty new petcock going without new seals.

Comment

Yes they are known as dowty seals, but there is another name for them and I was going to look them up as well, but where the hell did the Boulevard Suzuki parts fiche go?

Anyway, they are located on the temperature sending unit on the '79 GS1000 temperature sending unit housing, they don't show them on the petcock. The originals were fiber, the newer ones are rubberized coated washers. I have used Teflon in a pinch.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
          That is the name. Damnable difficult things to get for some reason. Now I need to know what size the OEM is. Cannot have my natty new petcock going without new seals.
          Sealing washers- 1/4 inch size works perfectly on petcock mounting bolts; available at most hardware stores for like 33 cents each
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I am trying so hard to recall what they had them listed in on the parts fische, gangland exhaust washers come to mind.
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

They are also called Bonded washers. No one understands Dowty Seals over here!

Comment

I thought Dowty Seals were endangered (extinct?).
                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Don't tell bccap that, he'll go after them next.

Comment

Working...
                  X