Carb Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Leak

I just found a small gasoline leak from my carbs while the bike is running. There is no indication of a leak while it is not running. Any thoughts of where it may be coming from? I don't think it is from the vent tubes.

Thanks,

Ryan

I'm betting this is that 85 gs550L you bought! How about updating your signature (userCP stuff top left this page) to help out us memory challenged folks?
    Anyways, about where is this leak ? on just one carb? on top? how do your fuel and vacuum lines look from petcock?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Sorry. I don't always communicate very well. That said, I found the leak. I replaced the o rings on the fuel tube between the two carbs, and the o rings didn't fit quite right. I should have noticed during the rebuild. Luckily, I saved the old o rings and they work perfectly.

Ill update my sig.

By the way, I have it running now. Did a carb rebuild, new plugs, new air filter, oil change, and now just need to install new tires. Almost there! Then I can begin knocking out other maintenance and restoration items.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Ryan

Comment

Working...
      X