Tank rust removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank rust removal

This is a very easy and environmentally friendly method for cleaning the rust out of your motorcycle tank. This is a great method and very effective, but be ...

I've heard this discussed so I thought I'd search up a video. I'm gonna try it on an old tank while the wife is gone.
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

LOL! Interesting. Think I'd still treat the steel with phosphoric acid afterwards. I hate Kreem too.

Comment

HAHAHAH! thats damn hillarious! I've used RedKote before and it was AWFUL. I let it cure for a solid week and on the first fill up it began to dissolve... I had clear fuel lines and the gas was coming through red... It eventually clogged up my carbs and I had to tear them down 100% and clean them out. I ended up getting a new tank after that... Never again will i coat the inside of any gas tank...

I've cleaned tanks out before with a long section of really small chain, that way you just have to pull 1 thing out instead of a 100 individual bolts. Works really well, then I rinse them with rust solvent than can be purchased at most auto parts stores. and they come out shining!
      Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

FWIW, I've used MEK to get Kreem out. POR15 is probably the best coating if absolutely needed.....from the limited times I've seen it used.

Comment

Working...
        X