• Time
  • Show
Clear All

More air, need more fuel.
    1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
    1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

Originally posted by oxcadillacxo View Post
      Thats what is wrong I found out last night but I dont have the money for k&n filters or a stock air box and i wanna ride Ill figure something out
      Put the bike on Craigslist now

You don't want to give the bike what it needs and you'll just fry the motor riding it now

What else have you neglected on the bike?
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I wouldnt sell it, but I wouldnt ride it either. I'm facing a similar problem right now and the LAST thing you want to do is ride the bike when its not tuned properly, You'll just fry the motor and end up with a bike you cant sell OR ride...

The best alternative is to get a factory airbox and watch all of your problems disappear! Get on ebay and see if you can track one down. This will also be a cheaper alternative than K&N's ~Good luck!

Comment

After you have cleared an opening for the air to flow through the channels on the back of those carbs with those filters, install some 120 or 122.5 main jets and adjust the fuel/air screws.
          Also, on the cheap pods, you need to glue the rubber boots to the air filters (Super Weatherstrip Adhesive works a treat) so that they don't spin on the mounts AND allow dirty air to enter.
          See how that works.

Comment

Working...
          X