Pilot screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot screws

I have tried searching but I am not getting the results I am looking for. Anyway, does anyone know for sure if the kz650 fuel screw will work on the vm22ss carbs? They look to be longer but I don't know if they have the same dimensions. I called Z1 and they werent sure either. Although they look to be the same as the ones they list for the gs750 and such. The company they use for their parts list the same screw for the gs550 and the gs750. So that tells me if the longer screw is used for the kz650 and the gs750 and the shorter screw is used for the gs550 and the gs750 then the longer screw for the should work on the gs550 too, right?! Or am I looking too far into this?

This is the style I would like to use.
    Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I used a set that looked like that on an older set of carburetors I had. Side by side with the original pilot fuel screw from the O-ring groove to the point they appeared to be identical. They were longer from the O-ring groove to the screwdriver notch. In the end the extra length did not make it any easier to adjust if that is what you are after.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Yeah that what I was wondering. At least I know now that I can get them just in case I find one that broke or something in the future. I thought about the factory one screw but havent been able to find out if anyone has used them or not.

Comment

Working...
      X