V & H 4-1 GS1100 header on 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V & H 4-1 GS1100 header on 1150

The only new 4-1's for an 1150 I can find are from MAC. Not interested. I haven't even seen a good used header for the 1150. But they're easy to find for the 1100's. So...has anyone put a GS1100 V & H upswept megaphone 4 -1 header on a GS1150ES? I know I'll have to mate the rear bracket with the bike and I can do that. What I'm worried about is the headers clearing the fairing or issues with the megaphone running into the rear passenger peg/brake pedal/etc.
    Anyone?

I put one on and just had to drill a hole in the bracket that came with the pipe. Fit great.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

can i assume you took my hint and bought a Manley 1150

Comment

Hehe, I did indeed. I sent you a TY for putting me onto it, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by jareness View Post
          Hehe, I did indeed. I sent you a TY for putting me onto it, remember?
          i didn't know you bought it...just that i made you aware of it.
          good deal all around!
          36 RS's and a set of .340 webs set just right and you'll have a rocket bike compared to stock.
          FYI
          if you could ever find a kerker KX2...get it!
          i ran one of those for years and they are bad azz!
          4-1-2 header and sounds like a SBC on meth!
          killer pipes for sure.
          stock WB w/ a 16t front it ran 10.42.
          my 1150 ran a 10.30 flat with the above set up..no air shifter or strapped front end....factory ignition ect..
          dropped to a 14t front and 3" in the factory arm/metzler street tire...nothing more!
          the GSXR guys couldn't touch it back then
          Last edited by blowerbike; 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X