kerker header gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kerker header gasket

This exhaust came with the bike I picked up, and I really want to use it, but the header gasket (don't know what to call it) has come apart. What should I do?

Is it the flared end has broken off the collar that slides into the header?
    My Kerker is not the same.
    I would think a local muffler shop would be able to weld the flange back on.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Or is that just a copper exhaust gasket!

Comment

Brian, that is what i thought it was as well, a crushed copper gasket.
        I looked at a Kerker i have and it does have a flared lip on the header but it is not on a separate sleeve like the one in his pic.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Wow that's weird how it would come off like that so evenly , never had that happen before I have had a lot of kerker a , in fact I just put one on my 1170 kat last night!

Comment

I've had the flanges crack off neatly all the way round, just like that. Yes, it can be welded back on - I used to gas weld them, but no longer have the kit, so I'd just have to hand it to a local TIG welder for neatness.
            ---- Dave
            79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
            80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
            79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
            92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
            X