Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
    looks sexy & screams down the road
    I did that when I was 20 on a KZ650. Pods and a straight Kerker . Most of my hearing loss today is from those daze . I like the stealth mode now. Makes me smile when a loud azz pirate tries to launch on me at a stop light .
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by hikermikem View Post
      What's not to like??
      Let's see - 1981 GS1100e. Only the world's quickest production motorcycle (for the second straight year).

Agreed. What's not to like?

Add pods and pipe, plus it's red, better still.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
        Makes me smile when a loud azz pirate tries to launch on me at a stop light .
        HHa-ha, my local watering hole a mile down the road is basically an HD bar, but I back my Suzi right in next to the ape hangers… Actually I know most of the pirate clientele from playing pool down there…

I can tell you, my pipe ain’t loud at all compared to those ticking beasts – on special nites, when the pirate captain was particularly frisky (most likely courtesy of Captain Morgan) a smoke show would provide a nice screen for a wobbly get-away… great fun
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          Let's see - 1981 GS1100e. Only the world's quickest production motorcycle (for the second straight year).

Agreed. What's not to like?

Add pods and pipe, plus it's red, better still.
          Don't forget the $100 initial investment...
          '85 GS550L - SOLD
          '85 GS550E - SOLD
          '82 GS650GL - SOLD
          '81 GS750L - SOLD
          '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
          '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
          '82 GS1100G - SOLD
          '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

To be honest, I don't know what position my needle's are in. My circlip players weren't able to reach far enough down to take them out. I figured its a dyno 3 because of the 138 jet. Also, from about 5000 to redline in second and third gear feels like the front tire is very light, so I think I'm okay. Also, just checked my plugs and after about 300 miles they look text book perfect. I think I'll just deal with the light popping on heavy decel, and maybe try 52.5's at the end of riding season just to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X