Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Metalic floats? That's new.
    Not on the 425's. My OEM replacement floats were metal, too.

Comment

Somehow I thought we were talking about a 1000E.

Nevermind.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

intake o-ring destroyed!

Hey just thought I'd update on the progress. Got the carbs off which was easier than I expected. Decided to pull off the intakes to examine the o rings and one was completely gone except for a tiny piece and the other was about half gone. Guessing that could attribute to the bikessential problems! Also I took the exhaust off to scrub some rust (pipes are completely rusted) and hopefully paint, and noticed the exhaust gaskets were pretty shot! Plan on ordering parts soon. Can't say I'm not intimidated a bit about the carb synchronize after I clean them so I haven't started breaking them down.

Comment

How I taught my friend to tear into his carbs as a newbie to anything mechanical. Read the carb rebuild guide, grab some cheap containers to hold the separate carb parts in.
          Lay every thing out much like a puzzle on a piece of large cardboard. as you take parts off. Tape them to the cardboard and label them. Do this one carb at a time, so you have a carb that is fully assembled to reference.
          If you can tie a shoe, you can follow carb rebuild instructions
          1984 GS550ES
          Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
          4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

pilot air screw

Does anyone know what my air screw should be set at?

Comment

Working...
            X