fuel cock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel cock

What does the 'flat' spring do under the conicle plastic part? the coil spring keeps the plastic part seated, right ? just that this one got a bit bent getting it out.

Originally posted by bonkas View Post
    What does the 'flat' spring do under the conicle plastic part? the coil spring keeps the plastic part seated, right ? just that this one got a bit bent getting it out.
    Small world, im taking my fuel tap apart on my GS1000s as we speak and Im in not so sunny Devon too lol. I think the bit your on about is meant to be kinked. Helps to name your bike and model year though

Comment

If you are talking about what I'm thinking you are, it opens the valve for Prime.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The back of the "conical part" has a ramp that will push on the tab that is on the end of that spring when turned to PRIme. That tab will push on the tip of the plug that blocks the fuel flow. In normal use, the diaphragm pulls the plug from the other side.

Without that spring, the petcock will still work in RUN and REServe, but not PRIme.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

1981gs650g

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X