No announcement yet.

Dry plugs after carb rebuild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drained the old stuff (didnt smell like gas anymore) and made sure I had fuel flow to the carbs. I will check for spark tonight...I dont know what could've happened.

Comment

Gas turning to varnish can ruin your carburetor rebuild real fast. I would look for a better ventilated shaded spot to park it in.
      Last edited by OldVet66; 07-28-2014, 07:19 PM.
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

The old gas was only 5 weeks old and when I pulled one of the bowls and it was discoloured and smelled foul but it was definitely liquidy and consistent. Bike sat indoors while I was gone.

This evening, with fresh gas, I got one little grunt out of the engine and thought it would fire but nothing else after that. I cleaned around the spark plug holes as there was a lot of grime for a good ground. The plugs themselves look new and they are Champion RS6HC.

What does 'good spark' look like? I checked it on 1 and 2 and got a thin but fairly bright little lightning bolt that danced around the gap. After all that cranking, the plugs had a very light gas smell to them.

Comment

You will have a lot better luck if you get rid of the Champion plugs and use the proper NKG B-8ES plugs.
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
          X