82 850gl gl exhaust options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 850gl gl exhaust options

Sorry if this has been discussed already. Is there a set of 4 into 2 pipes out there besides stock that will fit the 82 gs 850gl? If not any suggestions on how to replace the stock mufflers? Thanks. After further research I realize folks like me are SOL for aftermarket exhaust. Nobody makes them for 82 and 83s. So lets stick to modifying the stock set up. Were should I cut to remove the mufflers and what size OD or ID slip on do I need?
    Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2014, 02:36 PM.

I had the same problem on my 81 850L. Compounded by the fact that an enterprising scrap metal dealer stole the pipes and headers off my back deck early one morning. I ended up finding a used set although the mufflers were shot. I cut them off and found someone who could weld a sleeve on at the right angle. I then installed a set of MAC slip on mufflers with removable baffles. At the junkyard I also found the bolt on cover plates and had the fittings welded on to the pipes.I had the cover plates re-chromed as they were rusty. The end result was that it looks like it came right out of the factory.

Comment

Working...
    X