No announcement yet.

Advice on where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks eil, that was the answer I was looking for! I didn't think I had intake o-rings but I just wanted to make sure. So I just need the CV(BS) o-rings from cycleorings then?

Comment

Yeep. .
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Do your self a big favor, replace every JIS screw you can with metric allen SS fasteners and lock washers. Not only does it look better, it is easier to work with. I got all mine from Fastenal.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Anthony

Go here and order bolts from this guy

mailto:Polarroler1@aol.com

This set is for VM carbs, just check his username for CV carbs

Much cheaper than the hardware store
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Wow definitely a great resource for that. Any recommendations for an impact driver?

Comment

Z-1 Enterprises also carry the Allen headed bolts for the engine casings and carbs in stainless steel. I ordered a set from them for about $25 Got way more than I needed but all lengths and sizes were in the package. Priced at the local supplier it would have been over $100 for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                Z-1 Enterprises also carry the Allen headed bolts for the engine casings and carbs in stainless steel. I ordered a set from them for about $25 Got way more than I needed but all lengths and sizes were in the package. Priced at the local supplier it would have been over $100 for the same thing.
                Yeah I got the kit for my bike as well, nary a JIS screw left on my bike.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                X