Decent exhaust 1100e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent exhaust 1100e?

My Kerker system is getting tired looking and I'd like to get a nice 4 into 1 setup. All I see are MAC and Vance and Hines. Are there other choices? I bought a MAC years ago and the can was horrible and I tossed it in the trash. It was made so you could change the oil and filter so I kept the headers.
    Thanks for your help
    Rich
    '83 1100e

For a new exhaust (within a normal price range) you're pretty much stuck with those two. I wouldn't go with a MAC exhaust and the V&H has been discontinued according to Z1. The are a few specialty exhausts out there but all the big exhaust companies have either long since closed there doors or have stopped producing exhausts for bikes as old as ours.
    http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
    1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
      The are a few specialty exhausts out there but all the big exhaust companies have either long since closed there doors or have stopped producing exhausts for bikes as old as ours.
      That's sad but I understand. 30+ year old market and all.
      Thanks

Comment

There is a beautify stainless yoshi reproduction 4:1. A few guys have them including jwhelan and. They come up on eBay and the builder builds custom bikes and is a member here.you lucked out if you have $600 for the pipe but well worth it.
        Otherwise look for a 1st gen GSXR 1100 pipe. That is the next closest . I have a 2ng gen GSXR 4:2:1 but that take more work.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          There is a beautify stainless yoshi reproduction 4:1. A few guys have them including jwhelan and. They come up on eBay and the builder builds custom bikes and is a member here.you lucked out if you have $600 for the pipe but well worth it.
          Otherwise look for a 1st gen GSXR 1100 pipe. That is the next closest . I have a 2ng gen GSXR 4:2:1 but that take more work.

The member here and on ebay is motogpwerks. I have one of his pipes and it's beautiful. I opted for the race version and it was like $600 delivered to my door.

Comment

I'm surprised (and a little alarmed) to hear that the V&H has been discontinued. But I'm certain that many are still sitting on shelves. Every few weeks for the past nine months I've been locating them online, and they're very reasonable.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

They still list the 12005 Chrome Megaphone and the drag pipes in their catalog. I think Z1 has discontinued selling them.
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                They still list the 12005 Chrome Megaphone and the drag pipes in their catalog. I think Z1 has discontinued selling them.
                I hope that Z1 wasn't lying to me about them being discontinued. I would hate to find out that they only told me that because they were switching venders. The email I received from them said that the V&H has discontinued sales of the 12005 and Z1 was looking at another vender MAC.

I've seen the V&H all over ebay for decent prices so that's probably the direction I'll be going in soon as well.
                http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg
                1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
                1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
                1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I think someone at Z1 gave you bad information, I just called Vance & Hines, the 12005 is still in production, only in chrome. Z1 has had the the V&H discontinued notice in their pipe section for about three years that I know of.
                  http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                    I think someone at Z1 gave you bad information, I just called Vance & Hines, the 12005 is still in production, only in chrome. Z1 has had the the V&H discontinued notice in their pipe section for about three years that I know of.
                    That's good, 'cause mine will need replacement eventually.
                    Attached Files
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
                      The member here and on ebay is motogpwerks. I have one of his pipes and it's beautiful. I opted for the race version and it was like $600 delivered to my door.

I really want one for my 1100!!
                      Still waiting to here when he is making a batch again for my bike.
                      No signature :(

Comment

That's really nice looking, both the bike and the pipe

Comment

Looks like he has them for the 1000, but not the 1100

Comment

What year and model is that beauty? Looks like it's a Skunk cousin or sibling.

Comment

Looks like he has them for the 1000, but not the 1100
                              Yes I see that he has them for the 1000...has for a while. Hope he plans on the 1100 soon.
                              If I can get one I will sell my V&H
                              No signature :(

Comment

Working...
                              X