Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duffel bags and bungee cords.
    I use a laundry mat.
    I do not always use the same one or even in the same town.
    Different laundry mats = different roads to ride while waiting.
    Have been caught in some downpours on way back home though.
    Usually just the top layer wet again.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamDar View Post
      When I worked at a Honda/Suzuki Dealership as a service tech we got hundreds of bikes come in that wouldn't run. The repair order just said "get to run". These customers didn't want to pay for a $400 carb rebuild. Most racks were never broken down and soaked. All the jets and air/fuel screws were removed and soaked. The needles and seats were cleaned/inspected. O-rings were only replace if they were shot. The floats were checked and seldom had to be reset. All the passages in the carb bodies were douched out with Honda carb cleaner making sure that the cleaner passed through the passage and came out were it should. Used carb cleaning wires to clean pilot jets along with spray. Reassembled, synced, and test driven. I never had a comeback. Was this the right way to do it? Probably not, but if you knew what you were doing the outcome was the same and the customer was happy and still had some bucks left to buy some overpriced Honda/Suzuki oil so they could go home and change their own oil and not feel like a total moron cause they couldn't get their bike to run. Dar
      I was a tech myself, almost exclusively working on H-D bikes. What your saying is 100 % accurate and my experience as well although we DID charge for a full rebuild + parts whether or not we actually used them or not. If we touched your carburetor you paid for a rebuild & kit, period. NEVER dipped a body, not ever, until I worked on a GS1000 about a year ago for a friend which is how I ended up on the site. Full dip is the way to go but if you go in for service just know, whatever you ride, your going to get the minimum service needed to correct the issue

Comment

Working...
      X